Monday, March 24, 2014

Change of plans, I am now hiking the PCT!!

Well, after careful thought I am now hiking the PCT. I spoke with a fellow hiker who attended the kickoff weekend last year and hiked north with the herd of hikers. He has had problems with alcohol and drug abuse in the past and warned me that there can be a party atmosphere with some of the hikers. I have no interest in turning this journey into a a relapse so for the sake of my sobriety I decided to start hiking north from whitewater. . I will then hike from  Idyllwild to whitewater. Then from the Mexican border to Idyllwild. I still have commitments in Yucca Valley so I can only hike 5 days a week. By getting these sections out of the way before I m able to hike full time on April 23, I will be able to stay a few hundred miles ahead of the herd of hikers. Hope no one is confused! I'm hiking the whole PCT, just a little out of order. So, here's a video of section C! Enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=721158834581763
&l=1690325048322205939

No comments:

Post a Comment