Monday, March 31, 2014

Idyllwild to Whitewater

I hit the mountains again up in Idyllwild. I spent the afternoon checking out the town and slept in a local campground. The next morning I got some breakfast with another hiker then left for the trail. The first day a hiked to the summit of San Jacinto then down the other side and slept on fuller ridge. I woke up to rain so I packed up and headed down the mountain. After rain, wind, rattlesnakes, and 22 miles with no rest breaks I arrived at the trail angel house of Ziggy and the Bear. 2 PCT alumni greeted me and gave me the run down of how things work, thank you Cool Ranch and Cappytan, and I got a shower and some Burger King. Had a great time visiting and Ziggy and the Bear are wonderful people. This morning I was treated to cereal, coffee, and fruit before I headed out for the last 9 miles to whitewater. I got picked up by Cool Ranch and Cappytan who drove me home on their way to New Mexico. All and all a great trip. Next it's the Mexican border with a hike back to Idyllwild.

No comments:

Post a Comment