Saturday, April 12, 2014

The first 151 miles

Wow, what a journey. So far this hike has been everything and more than I expected. I've met amazing people, seen beautiful things, and have story's to tell for years to come. i am now back in Yucca Valley for approx. 6 days then I will be back on the trail for the next 4 months. I have so much still to do in preparation but with 340 miles under my belt I know what I need to do. I had so many adventures on this last trip that I don't know where to start. I kept pace with a horse for 2 days, was shot at, had to deal with rattlesnakes, and enjoyed every moment.  I was honored to be a part of a photograph another hiker took. He is hiking for @ hike to end child abuse. We put together this image for Karlie, a 9 month old little girl who was killed by a family friend who shook her while babysitting. Karlie's organs were used to save 5 other children's life's and she will never be forgoton. I went on this trip to figure things out for myself but I'm quickly learning how important a trip like this can be.
Photo: I got a quick check in from the trail. I'm in warner springs, mile 109. Tonight I was honored to be a part of a photograph another hiker took. He is hiking for @ hike to end child abuse. We put together this image for Karlie, a 9 month old little girl who was killed by a family friend who shook her while babysitting. Karlie's organs were used to save 5 other children's life's and she will never be forgoton. I went on this trip to figure things out for myself but I'm quickly learning how important a trip like this can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment